Kingskerswell, DevonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Kingskerswell, Devon family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Newton Abbot PLU|
|Registration District||Newton Abbot|
|Parish registers: 1752|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1606|
|Probate Court||A Peculiar of the Court of the Dean and Chapter of Exeter|
|Location of Archive|
|Devon Record Office|
KINGSKERS WELL, or KINGS-CARSWELL, a village and a parish in Newton-Abbot district, Devon. The village stands adjacent to the Torquay railway, 3 miles SSE of Newton-Abbot; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Newton-Abbot. The parish contains also the hamlets of North Whilborough and South Whilborough.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Kingskerswell, Devon parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FAMR = FamilyRelatives.com (£)|
|FREG = FreeReg.org.uk|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|KINGSKERSWELL PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241314.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Devon Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, [Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales published in 1870-72. Date accessed and adapted: 29 Octrober 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Devon Parish registers collection 1538 on Familyrelatives.com,' Family Relatives, accessed 12 March 2012. Taken from Phillimore Marriage Indexes.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 26 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 29 April 2014, at 05:28.
- This page has been accessed 934 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki