Kingswinford, Staffordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Kingswinford, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Stourbridge|
|Parish registers: 1603|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1666|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
SWINFORD, KING'S (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Stourbridge, N. division of the hundred of Seisdon, S. division of the county of Stafford, 3 miles (W. by S.) from Dudley. This parish, is situated on the roads from Dudley to Stourbridge, and from Wolverhampton to Worcester. The Baptists, Independents, Primitive Methodists, and Wesleyans, have places of worship.
Holy Trinity was built as the new Parish Church for Kingswinford in 1831 and replaced St Mary. The earlier records of St Mary were transferred to Holy Trinity. St Mary became a chapel of ease until 1846 after which it became a serparate parish.
Kingswinford parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|KINGSWINFORD HOLY TRINITY (WORDSLEY) & ST MARY (1603) PARISH Online Records|
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
Shut End Primitive Methodist Chapel registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|SHUT END PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (1845) Online Records|
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Kingswinford, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474624.
Poor Law Union
Maps and Gazetteers
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 289-292. Date accessed: 31 October 2012.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 14 August 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 28 April 2015, at 22:10.
- This page has been accessed 2,597 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News