Kirkland Washington Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 7910 NE 132nd St Kirkland WA 98034 United States
- www.google map.com or other map sites
Phone: 425 242-8892
Director: Janice Parker Tischmacher - 425 825 1234
- Tuesday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Wednesday 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 1:00pm; 7:00 pm - 9:00pm
- Also open by appointment; please call ahead to bring in a group
- 2014: Closed Thanksgiving (November 27), Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com, Fold3, My Heritage, Find My Past, World Vital Records, among others.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has six computers, four microfilm readers, and one microfiche reader. The printer also scans and patrons can use it to scan photos and documents to their FamilySearch tree.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Bellevue Regional Library (www.kcls.org) 1111 - 110th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004; 425-450-1765. Genealogy section; microfilm readers; carries microfilm of eastside newspapers.
Eastside Genealaogical Society (www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wakcegs). Fiske Genealogical Library (www.fiskelibrary.org) 1644 - 43rd Ave.E., Seattle, Wa 98112; 206-328-2716.
Kirkland Historical Society (www.kirklandheritage.org) 203 Market Street, Heritage Hall - Lower Level, Kirkland, WA 98033.
The National Archives at Seattle (www.archives.gov/seattle) 6125 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-7999.
Washington State Digital Archives (www.digitalarchives.wa) Washington state vital records online.
Washington State Genealogical Society (www.wasgs.org)
Washington State Library (www.sos.wa.gov/library/genealogy)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Anyone wishing to volunteer, please contact Janice Tischmacher at 425-825-1234.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:52.
- This page has been accessed 878 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki