Kirkland Washington Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Kirkland Washington Family History Center, located at the Kirkland Washington Stake Center at 7910 NE 132nd Street in the Finn Hill neighborhood, serves the greater Kirkland area. We are dedicated to providing information and support for all local residents, whether you are just getting started with genealogical research or have many years of experience.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 7910 NE 132nd St., Kirkland, WA 98034 United States
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am-1:00pm, 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Also open by appointment. Call 425-242-8892.
(The Family History Center is located on the east side of the building, closest to Finn Hill Middle School. If doors are locked during open hours, just ring the bell and we'll let you in.)
2015 Closed Thanksgiving (November 26), Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve
Calendar and Events
OPEN HOUSE on Saturday, March 7, 2015 from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Free activities for the whole family
- Free access to genealogy subscription websites
- Free expert advice on family history
- Sign up for free classes
Learn how we can help with your research or just come to do your own family history
Tuesday, March 10th: 7:00-8:30 pm & Saturday, March 21st: 2:00-3:30 pm
Tuesday, March 24th: 7:00-8:30 pm & Saturday, April 4th: 3:30-5:00 pm
Tuesday, April 7th: 7:00-8:30 pm & Saturday, May 2nd: 2:00-3:30 pm
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com, Fold3, My Heritage, Find My Past, World Vital Records, among others.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has six computers, four microfilm readers, and one microfiche reader. The printer also scans and patrons can use it to scan photos and documents to their FamilySearch tree.
- The center also has a ScanPro 2000, used to enhance microforms (fiche and film) and save images to a flash drive.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Bellevue Regional Library (www.kcls.org) 1111 110th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004; 425-450-1765. Genealogy section; microfilm readers; carries microfilm of eastside newspapers.
Eastside Genealaogical Society (www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wakcegs).
Fiske Genealogical Library (www.fiskelibrary.org) 1644 43rd Ave.E., Seattle, WA 98112; 206-328-2716.
Kirkland Historical Society (www.kirklandheritage.org) 203 Market Street, Heritage Hall - Lower Level, Kirkland, WA 98033.
The National Archives at Seattle (www.archives.gov/seattle) 6125 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-7999.
Washington State Digital Archives (www.digitalarchives.wa.gov) Washington state vital records online.
Washington State Genealogical Society (www.wasgs.org).
Washington State Library (www.sos.wa.gov/library/genealogy).
- City of Kirkland, Washington
- King County
- King County, Washington
- State of Washington
- Sign up for free classes
Volunteer at the Center
Anyone wishing to volunteer, please contact Janice Tischmacher at 425-825-1234.
- This page was last modified on 27 February 2015, at 20:51.
- This page has been accessed 1,655 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More