Knight's Enham, HampshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Knight's Enham, Hampshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Knight's Enham, Hampshire|
|Poor Law Union||Andover PLU|
|Parish registers: 1683|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1780|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
ENHAM, KNIGHTS' (St. Michael), a parish, in the union and hundred of Andover, Andover and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 1¾ mile (N.) from Andover..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Knight's Enham parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|GENUKI = GENUKI - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|KNIGHT'S ENHAM PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 177-181. Date accessed: 11 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013. Date ranges are not clearly identified.
- ↑ 'Hampshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hampshire, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 8 October 2013.
- ↑ Phillimore Hampshire Parish Marriage Registers, Vol. 1 (1900). Digitised by GENUKI - free.
- ↑ 'Hampshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 30 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 21 April 2014, at 21:54.
- This page has been accessed 1,298 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki