Koochiching County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Koochiching County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Koochiching County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||December 19, 1906|
|County Seat||International Falls|
|Address|| Koochiching County Courthouse|
715 4th Street
International Falls, MN 56649
Koochiching County Website
Clerk District Court has birth, death,
divorce, court and probate records from 1907. 
- 1906--Koochiching County was created 19 December 1906 from Itasca County. County seat: International Falls 
- For a brief history of how Koochiching County was named, click here, then select Koochiching County.
Big Falls | International Falls | Littlefork | Mizpah | Northome | Ranier
Rainy Lake | East Koochiching | South Koochiching | Northome | Northwest Koochiching | Nett Lake
Birchdale | Craigsville | Indus | Island View | Loman | Pelland | Ray
Bethania Lutheran Church, Marjie
- Records of Bethania Lutheran Church, Marjie, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
Trinity Lutheran Church, Gemmell
- Records of Trinity Lutheran Church, Gemmell, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
Most church records are held by individual churches. For contact information, check a phone directory, such as SearchBug or Dex Knows. Some denominations are gathering their records into a central repository. For more information about these major repositories, see Minnesota Church Records.
The county register of deeds keeps land records once the land was transferred to private ownership. Abstracts and indexes for these records are generally available at the county courthouse.
Land records for Minnesota are listed in the Place Search of the FamilySearch Catalog under:
MINNESOTA, Koochiching – LAND AND PROPERTY
Local histories are available for Koochiching County, Minnesota. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Minnesota Local Histories.
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Koochiching County, Minnesota newspapers in online catalogs like:
Probate records may include, wills, bonds, petitions, accounts, inventories, administrations, orders, decrees, and distributions. They may include the decedent’s date of death, names of his or her spouse, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, etc. See Minnesota Probate Records for additional information.
Minnesota tax records complement land records and can be used in place of censuses before 1820 or to supplement the years between censuses. Because only persons who owned taxable property were listed, many residents were not included in tax lists. There may also be gaps of several years in the tax records of some counties. For more information, see the wiki page Minnesota Taxation.
A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Minnesota State Registrar of Vital Records, the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred], order electronically online or download an application for Minnesota Birth Certificate and Death Certificates Applications to mail.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Koochiching County, Minnesota page 365, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Evangelical Lutheran Church in America: An Inventory of Selected Congregational Records of the American Lutheran Church in Minnesota at the Minnesota Historical Society," Collection Finding Aids, Minnesota Historical Society, http://www.mnhs.org/library/findaids/01009.xml, accessed 10 June 2013.
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 04:53.
- This page has been accessed 3,543 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki