Lackawanna, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Lackawanna, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Lackawanna Public Library
Genealogical Resources: Newspapers
The Lackawanna Historical Society Reference Library
The Catlin House
232 Monroe Avenue
Scranton, PA 18510
Lackawanna, City of Steel Plant and Local History Museum
560 Ridge Road
Lackawanna, NY 14218
Fax: (716) 827-1997
Lackawanna Area Historical Association
P.O. Box 64
Lackawanna, N.Y. 14218
| Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society
25 Nottingham Court
Buffalo, NY 14216
| Genealogical Resources: Library, Guide to Genealogical Materials, city directories, church records (many Roman Catholic parishes), cemetery transcriptions, censuses, genealogy books, obituary index to Buffalo newspapers (1811-2001), private papers, obituary request form, published family histories, list of professional researchers for hire.|
| Erie County Historical Federation
11 Danforth Street
Chektowaga, NY 14227
|Genealogical Resources: "Loosely organized group of local historical societies and appointed town historians of Erie County, acting as a liaison between groups and providing a speakers bureau."|
| Western New York Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 338
Hamburg, N.Y. 14075-0338
|Genealogical Resources: Surname list, locality list, 1865 Census index, journal, research library.|
Historian (Info N/A)
- ↑ Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogist's Address Book: State and Local Resources, with Special Resources Including Ethnic and Religious Organizations, 6th ed. (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Pub., 2009), 404. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D24ben 2009.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Erie County, New York Town Historians, Historical Societies and Historical Museums, Updated: 20 October 2004, http://wnyroots.tripod.com/index-historians.html (accessed 15 December 2011).
- This page was last modified on 5 March 2012, at 15:09.
- This page has been accessed 941 times.