Lafayette County, FloridaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Lafayette County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lafayette County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||December 23, 1856|
Lafayette County Courthouse
Main St; PO Box 88
Mayo, FL 32066
County Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce records from 1902,
court records from 1907 and land records from 1893. 
Record Loss1892 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Lafayette County, Florida census records online, see: Florida Census.
- 1857-1912 - Lafayette County Marriage Books A thru D Index 1857-1912. Batch M513391 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1912-1934 - Lafayette County Marriage Books E and F Index 1912-1934. Batch M745746 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Official USGenWeb FLGenWeb Lafayette County Site
- Lafayette County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Lafayette County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lafayette County, Florida Page 135 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/54/Igiflorida.pdf.
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 5 April 2013, at 23:41.
- This page has been accessed 1,179 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More