Laira Green, DevonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Laira Green, Devon ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Laira Green, Devon|
|Poor Law Union||Plympton St Mary PLU|
|Registration District||Plympton St Mary|
|Parish registers: For records see surrounding parishes|
|Bishop's Transcripts: For records see surrounding parishes|
|Rural Deanery||Not Applicable|
|Probate Court||Search the courts of the surrounding parishes|
|Location of Archive|
|Devon Record Office|
LAIRA, the estuary of the river Plym, and an extra-parochial tract, in Devon; contiguous to Egg-Buckland parish, in the north-eastern vicinity of Plymouth.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Devon Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 4 November 2014, at 22:11.
- This page has been accessed 1,201 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page