Lanreath, CornwallEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Lanreath, Cornwall ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Lanreath Church Cornwall
|Poor Law Union||Liskeard PLU|
|Parish registers: 1555|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1597|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
LANREATH (St. Marnarch), a parish, in the union of Liskeard, hundred of West, E. division of Cornwall, 6 miles (W. N. W.) from West Looe. There are places of worship for Calvinists and Wesleyans.
Lanreath St Marnarch
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Lanreath, Cornwall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|COPC = Cornwall Online Parish Clerks - free|
|FMP = findmypast - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|Lanreath, Cornwall Parish Online Records|
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P113
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241274.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- 1851 Jurisdiction Maps
- Vision of Britain
Lanreath in GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 28-30. Date accessed: 20 March 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 20 May 2014.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:32.
- This page has been accessed 770 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page