Le Sueur County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Le Sueur County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Le Sueur County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 5, 1853|
|County Seat||Le Center|
|Address|| Le Sueur County Courthouse|
88 S Park Ave
Le Center, MN 56057
Le Sueur County Website
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1854, divorce and court records from 1880
and some school records 1920-1945.
Probate Judge has probate records1855.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1850. 
- 1853--Le Sueur County was created 5 March 1853 from Dakota County. County seat: Le Center 
- For a brief history of how Le Sueur County was named, click here, then select Le Sueur County.
Civil War service men from Le Sueur County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Le Sueur County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Company E.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company I.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies E and I.
- - 10th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company G.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Le Sueur County, Minnesota page 365, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2013, at 03:49.
- This page has been accessed 1,515 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More