Lee County, MississippiEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Lee County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Lee County Courthouse
200 W Jefferson St; PO Box 7127
Tupelo, MS 38802
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce, probate and land records.
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records.
Justice Court has court records. 
For tips on accessing Lee County, Mississippi census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Family Maps of Lee County, Mississippi (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Lee County
- Map showing Civil war battles in Mississippi.
Mississippi tax records replace missing censuses and provide lists of residents during years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years. For more information see Mississippi Taxation.
- 1867-1917 - Lee County Marriage Books 1-14 Index 1867-1917 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lee County, Mississippi page 380, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 7 August 2012)
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/b/be/Igimississippij.pdf.
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 11 May 2013, at 20:03.
- This page has been accessed 1,340 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More