Lenexa Kansas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
7100 Hadley St. Overland Park, Kansas
Ring the bell located on the left-hand side of the front door. If no one comes to the door, try the bell on the right side of the door or call (913) 722-0230.
Link to map and directions: http://g.co/maps/snkn
Phone: (913) 722-0230
- Tuesday & Thursday 10 AM - 4 PM; 6 PM - 9 PM
- Saturday 10 AM - 2 PM
- Thanskgiving Week
- December 18, 2011 through January 2, 2012. The center will reopen on January 3, 2012
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 computer with internet access and printer
- 4 microfilm readers, one of which is high magnification
- 2 microfiche readers
- Canon Digital Image Scanner for microfilm (35 mm or 16 mm) and microfiche. Images can be printed or saved to CD or USB drive.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:12.
- This page has been accessed 340 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More