Lexington Kentucky Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Family History Center has been open for 30 + years. .
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1789 Tates Creek Pike Lexington Ky 40502-2763 United States
- Located on the corner of Tates Creek pike and Alumni Dr.
- The entrance is on Alumni Dr.
- When you are looking at the building there is a sidewalk on the left, go to the 1st set of glass doors.
- Ring the door bell to come in.
- Tuesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:12:00pm-4:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- 1st Thursday:6:00pm-9:00pm
Closed the week of the 4th July: Closed the week Thanksgiving: Closed 3 weeks at Christmas /New Years:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability for on line ordering any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. Patron online ordering.
- Large collecting of books, about 2000 microfilm on indefinite loan.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
For Class or need help you may contact Lois Burton FHC Director email Ky_lexington@ldsmail.net or
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
If you would like to volunter as staff content Lois Burton at Ky_lexington@ldsmail.net
- This page was last modified on 21 October 2014, at 14:50.
- This page has been accessed 1,836 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page