Lincoln County, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Lincoln County Maine genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lincoln County, Maine|
Location in the state of Maine
|Founded||June 19, 1760|
|Address|| Lincoln County Courthouse|
High Street PO Box 249;
Wiscasset, ME 04578-0000
Lincoln County Website
Clerk Courts has marrige, probate and land records from 1860
and court records from 1861.
Clerk Superior Court has probate records from 1760 1764. 
- Named for English city, Lincoln in Lincolnshire, England
- 7 counties were created over the years:
Places / Localities
Unorganized territories: Hibberts Gore | Louds Island. For further details see Maine townships.
Communities: Boothbay Harbor | Damariscotta-Newcastle | Waldoboro | Wiscasset
Villages: Bayville | New Harbor
Maine Newspaper Archive Indexes Free; Digital Page Images $ (GenealogyBank $) Twenty-two early Maine 18th and 19th century newspapers, 1785-1898 online. Indexes (free); digital images ($). These newspapers are from Augusta, Bangor, Belfast, Brunswick, Castine, Eastport, Falmouth, Hallowell, Kennebunk, Portland, Saco and Wiscasset.
Wiscasset, Lincoln County, newspapers online:
- Lincoln Intelligencer. Indexes Free, digital pages $. 1821-1822. at GenealogyBank.
- Lincoln Telegraph. Indexes Free, digital pages $. 1821-1822. at GenealogyBank.
- Wiscasset Argus. Indexes Free, digital pages $. 1797-1798. at GenealogyBank.
- Wiscasset Telegraph. Indexes Free, digital pages $. 1796-1799. at GenealogyBank
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Lincoln County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Lincoln County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Lincoln County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Lincoln County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lincoln County, Maine page 304, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Before an extinct town was discontinued, it created official town records of interest to genealogists. For preservation these records were usually turned over to a nearby functioning town in the same county.
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 20 May 2013, at 14:49.
- This page has been accessed 2,176 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More