Lindon, Utah LDS Wards and BranchesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Church Units and Boundaries
Lindon, Utah LDS Wards and Branches:
- Stakes: Utah Stake (1890-1901), Alpine Stake (1901-1928), Timpanogos Stake (1928-)
- 1890: Pleasant Grove 3rd Ward (later renamed Lindon) extended north to Pleasant Grove city limits (now 750 N in Lindon), south to the vicinity of Provo Canyon Road (now Orem 800 North), west to Utah Lake, and east to the mountains
- 1 August 1913: In preparation for creating more wards on the Provo Bench (Orem), a precise south boundary line of Lindon Ward is agreed upon by Alpine and Utah Stakes: from Utah Lake (at what is now the Lindon Marina) east along Geneva Road (now Lindon 600 S) to what is now 1200 W Orem, thence south to Provo Canyon Road (800 N Orem), thence east to what is now 800 E Orem, thence north to what is now 1200 N Orem, thence to the mountains.
- 22 August 1915: when Windsor Ward is created, the southern boundary is moved to about 4th South.
Obtain the Records
- List of Lindon Ward Records in the Family History Library
- Lindon Ward Records in the Church History Library are catalogued under LR 10595.
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
History Timeline to 1941
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- February 1852: the earliest settlers in Lindon are included in the Pleasant Grove Branch when it is organized
- 20 April 1890: The Pleasant Grove Ward is divided, with the 2nd Ward covering Lindon. By 1900, the name was changed to Lindon Ward. 
- 13 January 1901: Lindon Ward is assigned to the newly organized Alpine Stake.
- 5 September 1915: Lindon Ward is divided into the Lindon 1st (northern) and 2nd (southern) Wards.
- 11 January 1925: The Lindon 2nd Ward is officially renamed the Windsor Ward, and the 1st Ward becomes the Lindon Ward.
Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p 435.
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
- This page was last modified on 11 August 2015, at 05:32.
- This page has been accessed 927 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News