Listing of U.S. MarshalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
History of Marshals for the U. S. Marshals Service [a listing of U. S. marshals]
A listing of U. S. marshals is shown from the beginning of a state, territory or commonwealth to the present date.
According to the U. S. Marshals Service's website, the Marshall Service structure corresponds to the 94 federal judicial districts, including at least one district in each state, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and three territories of the United States -- the Virgin Islands, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Name of the marshal
- Status of the appointment
- Date of service
Where a name has been underlined, there is biographical information and sometimes a photograph.
Using the site
- To locate a district office you may select a county or state or you may make a selection from
- On the next screen select: History of the District
- Go to the bottom of the screen for a key to the abbreviations
Or do a Google.com search for U.S. Marshals District Offices structure
- This page was last modified on 12 October 2010, at 20:18.
- This page has been accessed 740 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More