Little Munden, Hertfordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Little Munden, Hertfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Little Munden, Hertfordshire|
|Poor Law Union||Ware PLU|
|Parish registers: 1680|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - Lincoln; Post-1844 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon (Hitchin Division)|
|Location of Archive|
|Hertfordshire Record Office|
Munden, Little (All Saints) or Munden-Frewell, is a parish, in the Ware district, of Hertfordshire. It is 3 3/4 miles of Standon railway station, and 5 1/2 miles NW of Ware. It contains the hamlet of Green-End, and parts of the Hamlets of Dane-End and Haultwick. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
MUNDEN, LITTLE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Ware, hundred of Broadwater, county of Hwith the hamlet of Green-End, and part of the hamlets of Dane-End and Haultwick, There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Little Munden, Hertfordshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|HERTS = Hertfordshire Names Online - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|Little Munden, Hertfordshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|IGI||1604-1852||1604-1641, 1661-1775, 1785-1837|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288826.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hertfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Little Munden on GENUKI
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Adapted. Date accessed: 12 January 2014.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831. Adapted. Date accessed: 12 January 2014.
- ↑ 'The Hertfordshire Collection,' findmypast, accessed 4 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Marriages and Marriage Licences (1538-1922),' Hertfordshire County Council, accessed 6 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hertford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 11 December 2013.
- ↑ Hertfordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 12 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 20:53.
- This page has been accessed 932 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More