Livingston County, MichiganEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Livingston County Michigan genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Livingston County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||March 21, 1833|
|Address|| Livingston County Courthouse|
200 E Grand River Ave.
Howell, MI 48843
Phone: (517) 546-0500
Fax: (517) 546-4354
Livingston County Website
County Clerk has birth, death, divorce and court records from 1867
and marriage records from 1836.
Probate Judge has probate records;
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1833--Livingston County was created 21 March 1833 from Shiawassee and Washtenaw Counties. It was attached to Shiawassee and Washtenaw Counties prior to organization 4 April 1836. County seat: Howell 
Livingston County Cemetery Records Index : Courtesy of the Brighton District Library
- Family Maps of Livingston County, Michigan (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Brighton Obituary Index, 1880 - present -- provided by the Brighton Public Library. Incudes obits from the Brighton Argus, the ivingston County Argus-Dispatch , and the Livingston Daily Press and Argus.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Marriage Notice Index 1843-1858: Courtesy of the Brighton District Library
- Marriage Records Index: 1873-1883: Courtesy of the Brighton District Library
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
- Death Notices Index: 1843-1859: Courtesy of the Brighton District Library
- DeathRecords Index: 1873-1889: Courtesy of the Brighton District Library
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Livingston County, Michigan page 347, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 19 April 2013, at 23:07.
- This page has been accessed 1,404 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More