LlansanffraidEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This disambiguation page lists articles about places with the same name.|
This is the current standardised spelling of many place names in Wales dedicated to Sant Ffraid (or Saint Brigid).
As there are many such places, the name is often followed by an additional geographical element, e.g. Llansanffraid Glyn Ceiriog (Llansanffraid in the Ceiriog Valley).
However, there are many historical spelling variants: Llansantffraid, Llansantffraed, ...
This can refer to:
- Llansanffraid, Ceredigion: near Llanon
- Llansanffraed, Powys: in Talybont-on-Usk, near Brecon
- Llansanffraid Cwmdeuddwr, Powys
- Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, Conwy
- Llansanffraid Glyn Ceiriog, Wrexham: in the Ceiriog Valley
- Llansanffraid Glyndyfrdwy, Denbighshire: in the Dee Valley
- Llansanffraid ym Mechain, Powys: near Oswestry
- Llansanffraed yn Elfael, Powys: near Builth
- Llansanffraid: the Welsh version of Bridstow in Herefordshire
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 22:08.
- This page has been accessed 687 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News