London GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Raymond compiled a list of London genealogies in 1997.
Boyd's Inhabitants of London and Family Units (1200-1946) groups thousands of Londoners into families. The entire collection is available at the subscription website Find My Past (£). Much of the collection has been converted to a lineage-linked database and annotated by FamilySearch, see: Community Trees - Free.
For genealogies of Londoners who held coats of arms, see London Heraldic Visitations.
Examples of London genealogies:
- De Breffny, Brian. 'Robert Fagan, Artist. Genealogy, self portrait and history of Robert Fagan the artist, and Michael Fagan of London 1728-1783, with descendants to 1956.' Article in The Irish Ancestor, vol.III, no.2, 1971, pages 71-78, Family History Ref. 941.5 B2i
- Blackwell, Stuart. 'Descendants of Philip Henry - Puritan Divine, 1631-96.' A brief discussion of Philip Henry. Surnames of descendants are Boult, Bickersteth, Greg, Hardware, Henry, Hulton, Kendrick, Lee, Lightbody, Melly, Pares, Radford, Rathbone, Rondinson, Roe, Rogers, Savage, Swanwick, Tylston, Warburton and Woollatt, covering years 1631-1844, article in Journal, Hel Achau, #15, Spring 1985, page 14. Family History Library Ref. 943.93 D25h.
- Kane, Ronald W. 'The Family of the Blue Boy, the Buttall Family of Wrexham and London.' Jonathan Buttall 1742 was the model for Thomas Gainsborough's "Blue Boy". This article traces the family to London and back to Wrexham. Illustrated with a photograph of Grove Park School, Wrexham, 1873 incorporating James Buttall's house. Article covers years 1661-1826. In the Journal Hel Achau, #28 Summer 1989, pages 3-5. Family History Library Ref. 943.93 D25h
- ↑ Stuart A. Raymond, London and Middlesex: A Genealogical Bibliography. Volume 2 Family Histories and Pedigrees (Birmingham, UK: Federation of Family History Societies, c1997). FHL 942.1 D27r 1997 v. 2.
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 19:05.
- This page has been accessed 2,431 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More