Long Load, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LOAD, a chapelry, in the parish and hundred of Martock, union of Yeovil, W. division of the county of Somerset, 4½ miles (S. S. W.) from Somerton.
Long Load, eccl. dist. and hamlet, Martock par., Somerset - dist., pop. 336; hamlet, 4 miles SW, of Somerton; P.O.
Long Load is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Somerset, created in 1733 from chapelry in Martock, Somerset Ancient Parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Long Load, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|LONG LOAD PARISH Online Records|
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 23 September 2013.
- ↑ Bartholomew, John Gazetteer of the British Isles. Date accessed and adapted: 23 September 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 16 October 2013.
- ↑ Somerset Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- ↑ West Country Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 5 December 2013, at 18:44.
- This page has been accessed 535 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More