Longcott, BerkshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Longcott, Berkshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Faringdon PLU|
|Parish registers: 1645|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1612|
|Diocese||Pre-1836 - Salisbury; Post-1835 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire|
|Location of Archive|
|Berkshire Record Office|
LONGCOT, a chapelry, in the parish and hundred of Shrivenham, union of Farringdon, county of Berks, 3½ miles (S. by W.) from Farringdon. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Longcott, Berkshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BERK = Berkshire Parish Records (findmypast) - (£).|
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|OFHS = Oxfordshire Family History Society - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Longcott, Berkshire Online Parish Records|
Fernham registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Fernham Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241204.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Berkshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Longcott a chapelry in Shrivenham in GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 170-172. Date accessed: 08 April 2013.
- ↑ 'New Berkshire parish records published on findmypast.co.uk,', findmypast, accessed 28 January 2014.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 31 January 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Berkshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 31 January 2014.
- ↑ 'OFHS Parish Records Date Finder,', Oxfordshire Family History Society, accessed 23 January 2014.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:32.
- This page has been accessed 1,407 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More