Longmont Colorado Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 1721 Red Cloud Road, Longmont, CO 80501
- Near east entrance to building and near the intersection of 17th Street and Alpine Road, and visible from that intersection.
- Location on Map
- Tuesday and Thursday: 9 am to 4 pm and evenings 6 pm to 8 pm.
- Saturday: 9 am to 1 pm.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The Longmont Genealogical Society created a catalog of the books at the FHC. You can search that catalog here: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~colgs/booklist_page1.html
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have eight computers, five microfilm readers, two fiche readers, two printers and a digital imaging system for microfilm / fiche printing and scanning.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:12.
- This page has been accessed 614 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More