Loudoun County, Virginia Populated PlacesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The county seat is Leesburg. There are seven incorporated towns: Hamilton, Hillsboro, Leesburg, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Purcellville, and Round Hill. For more information, see: Towns in Loudoun County, courtesy: Loudoun County, Virginia.
The following post offices have existed in Loudoun County:
- "A Guide to the Counties of Virginia: Loudoun County," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 16, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1972):126-129. Available at FHL; digital version at New England Ancestors ($). [Includes Loudoun's post offices.]
- "Post Office Boxes in Loudoun, 1960," The Bulletin of the Historical Society of Loudoun County, Virginia, 1957-1976. Leesburg, Va.: Goose Creek Productions, 1998, pp. 295. Available at FHL. Free Lookups Available!
- "Post Offices of Loudoun County: Compilation from Records in U.S. Archives Building in Washington, D.C. 1958-1959 with Names of Postmasters and Years of Appointment," Loudoun: The 1757 Legacy, Newsletter of the Loudoun Genealogy Club, Vol. 9, No. 3 (Sep. 2001):1-3; Vol. 9, No. 4 (Dec. 2001):1-3. Available at FHL.
- Rowberg, Andrew A. and Marie C. Rowberg. "The Post Offices of Loudoun," The Bulletin of the Historical Society of Loudoun County, Virginia, 1957-1976. Leesburg, Va.: Goose Creek Productions, 1998, pp. 79-92. Available at FHL. Free Lookups Available!
- This page was last modified on 28 April 2011, at 20:54.
- This page has been accessed 460 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More