Louisiana MapsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Libraries at Louisiana State University have the most complete collection of maps for Louisiana. The Family History Library has a few historical maps, including maps of early land districts. Ward maps for New Orleans (1829, 1834, 1845, 1854, and 1898) are on FHL film 1377700 or fiche 6016695-99.
A helpful maps:
- County Parish Boundaries in Louisiana (New Orleans, Louisiana: Historical Records Survey, 1939 FHL film 1425651, item 5; book 976.3 E3h. This includes information on the laws affecting the development of the state.
- United States Census Bureau State and County Map. This map will allow you to zoom in on any state or county in the United States and read the names of all of the neighboring counties.
Printable maps are also available from the National Atlas of the United States
- of Louisiana Collection Maps of Louisiana Collection | Original maps associated with French colonization
- This page was last modified on 24 January 2013, at 17:34.
- This page has been accessed 1,541 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More