Loveland Colorado Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3800 Mountain Lion Dr Loveland CO 80538 United States
- Wednesday:9:00am-3:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - Noon
- Closed for General Conference April 4th and Oct 3rd.
- Closed August
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed the last two weeks of December
Calendar and Events
National Genelogy Society 2015 Family History Conference
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
Date: 13-16 May 2015
Catalog with registiration and other information is posted in the Stake Family History Center.
Consultant and Staff Training Meetings
There are two types of training classes:
- Orientation for newly called consultant and/or FHC staff
- Ongoing Consultant Training for consultants., including FamilySearch.org, and teaching skills.
Orientation will provided to newly called family consultants as they are called. It is an introduction and is comprised of an orientation to the calling, to familysearch.org, to online training resources and where applicable the Family History Center.
Email the Family History Directors at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
Ongoing Consultant Training
Ongoing Consultant Training classes will be held in the Family History Center on a regular basis. Usually they will be held the first and third Thrusday at 7:00 P.M. and the second and fourth of Saturday at 9:00 A.M. of every month. A detailed short term schedule is listed below.
Training is directed toward Family History Consultants, but anyone may attend. All classes are optional. We would like to know how many will attend. Therefore send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your interest in attending which class. Classes with no interest will be canceled. Classes are at beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
Short Term Schedule
Apr 30 -- Beginners -- Reserving Temple ordinances (including getting names ready for the temple, managing temple lists)
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 28 April 2015, at 02:04.
- This page has been accessed 1,507 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More