Low Moor St Mark's, YorkshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LOWMOOR, a village and two chapelries in North Bierley township, Bradford parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands adjacent to the Lancashire and Yorkshire and the Leeds, Bradford, and Halifax Junction railways, 3 miles SE of Bradford. The two chapelries are St. Mark and Holy Trinity. St. Mark's was constituted in 1858. Holy Trinity chapelry was constituted in 1865. There are a Wesleyan chapel and national schools. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Online data content from chapelry registers of Low Moor St Mark's exists at some of the following websites and for the specified ranges of years:
|AO = Archive.org|
|FS = FamilySearch.org|
|ANC = http://www.ancestry.com/ (£)|
|HATH = HathiTrust.org|
|JMI = JoinerMarriageIndex.co.uk|
|LOW MOOR ST MARK'S PARISH (1888) Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464251.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Yorkshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 20:13.
- This page has been accessed 182 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on our new look!Give Feedback