Lyndon, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Lyndon was chartered on November 20, 1780 by the Vermont State Legislature. The town contains one incorporated village, Lyndonville, and three unincorporated villages: Lyndon, Lyndon Center, and East Lyndon. Lyndon is recognized as the "Covered Bridge Capital of Vermont's Northeast Kingdom."  
- Lyndon : gem in the green, by Venila Lovina Shores and Ruth Hopkins McCarty (1986) - find this book in a library.
- Look around Lyndon, by Lyndon Bicentennial Booklet Committee (1978) - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Lyndon is Caledonia
Caledonia Probate Division
1126 Main St, Ste 1
St Johnsbury, VT 05819
Phone: (802) 748-6605
Lyndon and Lyndonville Directory: 1928
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Lyndon. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Caledonia County, website at this link.
- Lyndon Center Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Saint Elizabeth Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1791 -1992, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Lyndon Town Clerk's Office. These include Records of births, marriages, and deaths, 1869-Aug. 2001; indexes to births, marriages, deaths, 1737-1992, and Land records, 1792-1910; indexes to land records, 1792-1992.
Lyndon Town & Village Clerk's Office
119 Park Avenue
P.O. Box 167
Lyndonville, VT 05851-0167
Phone: (802) 626-5785
Libraries and Historical Societies
Cobleigh Public Library
14 Depot St.
Lyndonville, VT 05851
Phone: (802) 626-5475
Samuel Read Hall Library
1001 College Rd.
Lyndonville, VT 05851
Phone: (802) 626-6366
Northeast Kingdom Genealogy - Genealogy resources for towns in the counties of Essex, Orleans and Caledonia.
- ↑ Lyndon, Vermont - Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon,_Vermont
- ↑ Lyndon, Vermont - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/CaledoniaLyndon.html
- This page was last modified on 24 November 2014, at 15:21.
- This page has been accessed 371 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page