Madison County, MontanaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Madison County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Madison County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 2, 1865|
|County Seat||Virginia City|
|Address|| Madison County Courthouse|
110 W Wallace Street
Virginia City, MT 59755
Madison County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 2 February 1865 as an original county
- County seat: Virginia City 
- Neighboring Counties: Beaverhead | Fremont County Idaho | Gallatin | Jefferson | Silver Bow
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- See an interactive map of Madison County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Butte and Helena newspapers that may include residents of Madison County. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
County Clerk and Recorder has birth and death records from 1909 and land records from 1864; Clerk Court has marriage records from 1887, divorce, probate and court from 1865
Family History Centers
- Western States Marriage Index includes marriages 1864-1887
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
|Big Sky||Norris||Twin Bridges|
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 417.
- This page was last modified on 14 May 2013, at 21:07.
- This page has been accessed 1,406 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More