Maine, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Maine is situated in the land known as the "Boston Purchase" which was originally purhcased by a group of residents of Berkshire County, Massachusetts in 1787.
Archives, Libraries and Museums
The town of Maine does not have a library but check out the Four County Library System of which Broome County is a part of, to locate the towns close to Maine that have public libraries.
Broome County Library
Genealogical Resources: The Local History and Genealogy Center is located in this facility which had many resources for genealogical research (census, newspapers, military, vital records, local history).
Nanticoke Valley Historical Society
P.O. Box 75
Corner of Route 26 and Nanticoke Road
Maine, NY 13802
Broome County Historical Society
Maine Town Historian
P.O. Box 336 Town Hall
12 Lewis St.
Maine, New York 13802
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Maine, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- 1847-1848 Birth Records, Town of Maine, Broome County, New York Courtesy New Horizons Genealogy.
- 1847-1848 Marriage Records, Town of Maine, Broome County, New York Courtesy New Horizons Genealogy.
- 1847-1848 Death Records, Town of Maine, Broome County, New York Courtesy New Horizons Genealogy.
- This page was last modified on 5 April 2012, at 16:12.
- This page has been accessed 974 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More