Maine For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
For more information about research and records of Maine, see:
- Crandall, Ralph J., ed. Genealogical Research in New England. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing, 1984. FHL Reference Book 974 D27gr; WorldCat entry. This includes a bibliographic essay on Maine research.
- Frost, John Eldridge. Maine Genealogy: A Bibliographical Guide. 1985. Rev. ed. Portland, Maine: Maine Historical Society, 1985. FHL Book 974.1 D23f 1985; WorldCat entry. This guide shows bibliographic sources for such subjects as official records, tombstones, county histories, military service, and genealogies.
- Melnyk, Marcia Yannizze. Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research. 4th ed. Boston, Mass: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1999. FHL Book 974 D27g 1993; WorldCat entry. This is an excellent guide to Maine towns and counties, location of public records, and genealogical societies.
- Wright, Norman Edgar. Genealogy in America. Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1968. Free digital version available through the FamilySearch Catalog. Volume 1 includes Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Maine. This contains a very good in-depth study of state, county, and town records. Some of the information may be out of date.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. Free online version; FHL Book 973 D27rb 2004; WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- This page was last modified on 17 December 2015, at 04:56.
- This page has been accessed 1,635 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News