Maine For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
For more information about research and records of Maine, see:
- Crandall, Ralph J., ed. Genealogical Research in New England. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing, 1984. FHL Reference Book 974 D27gr; WorldCat entry. This includes a bibliographic essay on Maine research.
- Frost, John Eldridge. Maine Genealogy: A Bibliographical Guide. 1985. Rev. ed. Portland, Maine: Maine Historical Society, 1985. FHL Book 974.1 D23f 1985; WorldCat entry. This guide shows bibliographic sources for such subjects as official records, tombstones, county histories, military service, and genealogies.
- Melnyk, Marcia Yannizze. Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research. 4th ed. Boston, Mass: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1999. FHL Book 974 D27g 1993; WorldCat entry. This is an excellent guide to Maine towns and counties, location of public records, and genealogical societies.
- Wright, Norman Edgar. Genealogy in America. Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1968. Free digital version available through the FamilySearch Catalog. Volume 1 includes Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Maine. This contains a very good in-depth study of state, county, and town records. Some of the information may be out of date.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. Free online version; FHL Book 973 D27rb 2004; WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- This page was last modified on 25 July 2014, at 16:25.
- This page has been accessed 949 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki