Malad Idaho Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Malad Idaho Stake Family History Center serves most of Oneida County. Located 13 miles north of the Utah Border on I-15, the center has an outstanding historical collection of the county as well as computers available for online research. 'Knowledgeable and friendly consultants are always ready to help anyone who enters the doors. Residing in the west part of the valley, in the east end of the Malad Stake Building, the center is an important and integral part of the Malad Valley.
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 9:00pm
1250 North 1100 West
Malad City, Idaho 83252
"Back and into the Future"
Family History Conference for ages 12 and up...
January 31, 2015 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm @ Malad Stake Center
Youth to meet in the Recreation Hall for tons of fun activities.
A sneak preview of the conference & classes:
Keynote Speaker: To Be Announced
- Collaborating/Lateral -- Case study on Lateral research and getting help from family
- DNA -- Basic idea on how DNA testing works and how it can help
- Wills & Probates -- How to find and read wills & probates
- Ipad -- How to use iPads for family research
- Heritage Quest/Find My Past -- Basics of how to use Heritage Quest and Find My Past
- Google Cloud -- What is the "Cloud" and how to use it for family history *
- Social Media -- How to use social Media with family history *
- Photos 1 -- Organizing & Fixing your Photos; Downloading them from your phones and tablets
- Photos 2 -- Using your photos online; creating and sharing your photos through social media & photo books
- Migration -- Moving From PAF to What????
- EverNote -- How to use EverNote with Family Research
- Ancestry -- Basics of Ancesty
- US Newspaper Research -- How to use US Newspaper with Family Researcy
- Italitan Indexing -- How to do Italitan indexing - indexing project being pushed by the church
- Helping Turn the Hearts of Your Children -- Suggestions on how parents can get their children involved
Lunch available for purchase and lots of exhibits to look at during the lunch break.
- This page was last modified on 22 October 2014, at 20:21.
- This page has been accessed 1,210 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page