Mansfield Ohio Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Welcome to the Mansfield Ohio Family History Center! We are here to serve you on Wednesday evenings, and plan on opening more hours shortly.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1951 Middle Bellville Rd Mansfield, OH 44904-1656 United States
- List other languages guest will get help with when they come to the FHC center.
- The Mansfield Ohio Family History Center is here to help members of the Church and the community in researching their family history.
- When you come, please bring the following: 1. As much as you know about your family. 2. Any copies of documents, obituaries, and stories to help us get you started.
- If you have a laptop or a tablet, you might want to bring it along with you.
- There is handicap accesibility.
- Kerry Peter Lauritzen - 419-543-1492
- Peggy Clemens Lauritzen, AG - 419-543-1087
- Wednesday:6:00pm-8:00pm on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays
During the winter months, we are closed when Mansfield City Schools are closed: Closed the last two weeks of December through the first week in January: We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Ohio Genealogical Society is located just minutes from the Mansfield Ohio Family History Center. Their hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00am - 5:00 pm. There is a charge for admittance, and is a premier facility for anyone researching their Ohio ancestry. The Mansfield-Richland County Public Library is located in downtown Mansfield, approximately 15 minutes from the Mansfield Ohio Family History Center. The Sherman Room on the second floor is a local history room, and is a must for anyone with Richland County, Ohio ancestry.
Mansfield, Ohio Family History Center on Facebook: "Friends of the Mansfield, Ohio Family History Center
The Ohio Genealogical Society: www.ogs.org
Mansfield-Richland County Public Library: www.mrcpl.org
The Ohio Historical Society, now named The Ohio History Connection: www.ohiohistory.org
The State Library of Ohio: www.library.ohio.gov
Palatines to America: www.palam.org
Western Reserve Historical Society: www.wrhs.org
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 17 October 2014, at 20:21.
- This page has been accessed 659 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki