Manteca California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our library is located in the Manteca Stake Center just off the Hwy 99 Frontage Road on Northland Road. Our library is used by patrons from Manteca, Ripon and Lathrop. When you come to our center, you willneedto knock for admittance.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 6060 E Northland Rd Manteca CA 95336 United States
- The library is located on the Northeast corner of the Manteca Stake Center. When you come down Northland off of the Frontage Road, you will need to turn into the first driveway.
- The sign will be out if we are open.
- Wednesday:10:00am-1:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
Closed Thanksgiving week: Closed December for Holiday:
|General Conference||Sun Apr 5|
|Easter||Sun Apr 5|
|Mother's Day||Sun May 10|
|Memorial Day||Sun & Mon May 24 & 25|
|Father's Day||Sun Jun 21|
|Independence Day||Wed Jul 4|
|Temple Maintenance||Jul 1 - Jul 29|
|Labor Day||Sun & Mon Sep 6 & 7|
|General Conference||Sun Oct 4|
|Thanksgiving||Nov 23 thru nov 29|
|Christmas & New Year's Day||Dec 13 thru Dec 29|
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Our staff meetings are held in the library on the first Thursday evening of the month from 7 pm to 8 pm. Library business is discussed in the first half of our meeting followed by a training session to update and introduce genealogical topics.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Platte County, Missouri; Alabama; New England; Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Arkansas, Census Records, San Joaquin County California; Southern States, California, Switzerland, Sweden,
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2015, at 20:12.
- This page has been accessed 2,065 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News