Manti Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Manti Family History Center is located at the base of the Manti Temple.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 86 East 500 North, Manti, Utah
- Access from 100 East only. There is no direct access to Highway 89. Go East on 400 N. Turn left on 100 East.
- Location on Google Map
- Sunday: 2 PM-6 PM
- Monday: 10 AM-3 PM
- Tuesday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Wednesday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Thursday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Friday: 10 AM-3 PM
- Saturday: CLOSED
Closed during the Mormon Miracle Pageant: June 15 - July 5, 2014
Additional 2014 dates closed: February 16-17,23; April 6, 20; May 11, 25-26; June 15-30; July 1-5, 24; August 17, 31; September 1, October 5, November 26-30; and December 21-31.
Calendar and Events
Weekly Class Schedule
Sunday: 4:30 pm Rotating: FamilySearch Tree, Legacy, General Research - Arlene Valentine
Tuesday: 6:30 pm Indexing and Arbitration - Nancy Moses
Wednesday: 10:30 am FamilySearch Tree - Charlene Fjerstad
Thursday: 6:30 pm Rotating: FamilySearch Tree and RootsMagic - Laura Eastman
Friday: 10:30 am Rotating: General Research, ancestry.com - Arlene Valentine
Staff Training Meetings
Monthly on the first Tuesday at 7:00 PM or Thursday at 9:00 AM
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Sanpete County Records, early newspapers and early LDS Records.
- Aselection of DUP Lessons as well as "Women of Faith and Fortitude" and SUP record books.
- Approximatley 100 Family Histories have been donated to our center. Many of them contain records of early Manti residents.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computers
- 2 printers, one B & W and one color. Copies are $.10 per side.
- 3 scanners.
- 3 microfilm readers and 3 microfiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Sanpete County Court House is located 3 blocks south of our center. The Court House houses property records, vital records and misc. records from Sanpete County.
Across the street from the Court House is the Historic Manti City Hall. They have items pertaining to the early history of Manti.
The Manti Public Library has a Special Collections Room that contains misc. records from Manti City.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) ----Adding details to a FHC page article.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:51.
- This page has been accessed 1,095 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki