Mapperton, DorsetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MAPPERTON, a parish in Beaminster district, Dorset; 2 ½ miles SE by E of Beaminster, and 3 NW by N of Poorstock r. station. Post town, Beaminster, under Bridport. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Mapperton, Dorset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|Mapperton, Dorset Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241337.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Dorset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, publ. London and Edinburgh: 1870. Date accessed: 08 July 2103.fckLR
- ↑ Dorset, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- ↑ Dorset, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- ↑ Dorset, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- ↑ Dorset, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-2001, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- ↑ 'Dorset,' Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 31 July 2012.
- ↑ 'Search Marriage Records in Dorset,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 24 June 2012.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 5 July 2012.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
- ↑ 'Dorset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 10 January 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 19:29.
- This page has been accessed 1,156 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More