Mapperton, DorsetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MAPPERTON, a parish in Beaminster district, Dorset; 2 ½ miles SE by E of Beaminster, and 3 NW by N of Poorstock r. station. Post town, Beaminster, under Bridport. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241337. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Dorset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Wilson, John M., Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, publ. London and Edinburgh: 1870. Date accessed: 08 July 2103.fckLR
- ↑ Dorset, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Partially indexed.
- ↑ Dorset, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Partially indexed.
- ↑ Dorset, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Partially indexed.
- ↑ Dorset, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-2001, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Partially indexed.
- ↑ 'Dorset,' Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 31 July 2012.
- ↑ 'Search Marriage Records in Dorset,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 24 June 2012.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 5 July 2012.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
- This page was last modified on 19 October 2013, at 02:16.
- This page has been accessed 391 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More