Marshall County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Marshall County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Marshall County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 7, 1835|
|Address|| Marshall County Courthouse|
211 W Madison Street
Plymouth, IN 46563-1762
Business records and Commerce
- Cemeteries for Marshall County Linkpendium
- Cemetery - Marshall County Cemeteries with locations and driving directions - sorted Alphabetically INGenWeb
- Cemetery - Marshall County Cemeteries with locations and driving directions - sorted by TownshipINGenWeb
For tips on accessing Marshall County, Indiana census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Marshall County, Indiana (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in Marshall County, Indiana (1858) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- Histories of Marchall CountyLikpendium
- McDonald, Daniel. A Twentieth Century History of Marshall County, Indiana. (Chicago: Lewis Pub. Co, 1908.)977.288 H2m FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collectionother libraries Vol. 2 INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Ellsworth, Spencer. Records of the Olden Time, or, Fifty Years on the Prairies Embracing ... the Organization of the Counties of Putnam and Marshall, Incidents and Reminiscences Connected Therewith, Biographies of Citizens, Portraits and Illustrations. (La Crosse, Wis: Brookhaven Press (a division of NMT Corp.), 2003.)other librariesINTERNETARCHIVE
- Brant Fuller. History of Indiana Containing a History of Indiana and Biographical Sketches of Governors and Other Leading Men. Also a Statement of the Growth and Prosperity of Marshall County, Together with a Personal and Family History of Many of Its Citizens. (Madison, Wisc: Brant, Fuller, 1890.)other libraries;Vol.1 INTERNET ARCHIVE vol. 2INTERNET ARCHIVE
Land and Property
- Every Name Index to P. H.S. 1876-1976 Centennial EditionEvery Name Index by Cathy L. O'Connor, 2011; original text by Plymouth High School Centennial Annual Committee.EveryNameIndex.com
- Maps and Gazetteerslinkpendium
- Military Records and Histories Linkpendium
- Indiana State Digital Archives for Civil War can be searched by soldier's name (accessed 1 May 2011)
- Veterans in Marshall County (1913) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Residents of Marshall County Who Served in the Spanish-American War ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
War of 1812
Civil War service men from Marshall County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Marshall County.
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company B
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company E, and H
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company A
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company K
- 17th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 20th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C, and Reorganized Company D
- 20th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
- 29th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I, and K
- 30th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company E
- 73rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies D, and F
- 124th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 128th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 138th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company E
- 151st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 155th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company H, and I
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
Marshall County Courthouse
211 W Madison Street
Plymouth, IN 46563-1762
County Health Department has birth,
death and burial records from 1882.
County Clerk has marriage, divorce,
probate and court records from 1836.
County Recorder has land records. 
Family History Centers
- Indiana State Digital Archives for Death, E-Publication, Institution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992-FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959-FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920-FamilySearch
- USGenWeb project May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Marshall County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- EveryNameIndex.com Free online genealogy indexes for those big old county histories.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Marshall County, Indiana 214 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- This page was last modified on 16 April 2013, at 21:48.
- This page has been accessed 1,740 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More