Marsham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Aylsham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
MARSHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (S.) from Aylsham. There are places of worship for Primitive Methodists. 
Marsham All Saints is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
Marsham is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk, about 10 miles (16 km) north of Norwich. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of Broadland.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Aylsham 1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Marsham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Marsham, Norfolk Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1538-1652, 1684-1901||Undefined||1538-1652, 1684-1901||Undefined||1538-1652, 1684-1901|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 231
Parish registers for Marsham Microfilm copy of originals at the Norfolk Record Office in Norwich, England.
Early parish registers usually have baptisms, marriages, and burials intermixed until 1813 when baptisms and burials were recorded on printed form registers. Marriages and marriage banns were recorded on printed form registers as early as 1754.
Baptisms, 1538-1652; marriages, 1538-1651; burials, 1539-1652 (includes memorium). Baptisms, 1684-1736; marriages, 1684-1730, 1736-1739, 1748-1754; burials, 1684-1730. Baptisms, burials, 1738-1812. FHL BRITISH Film 2262383 Items 15 - 17
Baptisms, 1813-1901. Marriages, 1754-1812; banns, 1754-1822. Marriages, 1813-1901. Burials, 1813-1901. Banns, 1823-1902. FHL BRITISH Film 2262384 Items 1 - 12
Baptisms and burials 1600-1611, 1624-1634?, 1665-1812 Marriages 1602-1610, 1624-1634?, 1665-1812 FHL BRITISH Film 1526780 Item 10
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Marsham on GenUKI
- Marsham All Saints on A Church Near You
- All Saints Marsham Norfolk
- British History online
- Marsham on Norfolk Churches
- ↑ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 260-263. Date accessed: 23 April 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2014, at 03:23.
- This page has been accessed 1,468 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki