Marston with Whitgreave, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Marston with Whitgreave, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Marston with Whitgreave, Staffordshire|
|Poor Law Union||Stafford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1565|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1661|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Marston St Leonard parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|MARSTON PARISH Online Records|
|FMP||1586-1757, 1767-1877||1586-1757, 1767-1877||1607-1696, 1841-1876||1607-1696, 1841-1876||1608-1629, 1812-1877||1608-1629, 1812-1877|
|For Whitgreave, see Stafford St Mary, Staffordshire|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1565-1964 Mar 1565-1983 Bur 1565-1978
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1661-1862 Mar 1661- Bur 1661-1863 missing Bap/Bur 1854-1856
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Marston with Whitgreave, Staffordshire 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474623.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ http://maps.familysearch.org/
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 September 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 25 August 2014, at 20:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,168 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki