Maryland DirectoriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Resources for Maryland Directories
Where to Find Maryland Directories
Worldcat lists the holdings of 69,000 libraries. Search it with the keywords "directory [county or city name]."
US City Directories identifies printed, microfilmed, and online directories and their repositories.
Libraries and Archives
The Library of Congress has the largest single collection of city and county directories.
Local public and university libraries, historical and genealogical societies and state archives generally have historic directories.
- Fold3.com ($) has Baltimore City Directories 1863-1923 (5 yrs. missing) available online. Fold3 is free at some libraries and at National Archives research rooms.
- Ancestry.com ($) has Maryland directories available online in its U.S. City Directories collection.
The Family History Library
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A. has a large collection of U.S. directories. Find directories in the Place Search of the FamilySearch Catalog by searching for the town or county.
The Family History Library has the following Baltimore directories:
- 1752, 1796-1860 Family History Library fiche 6043563-601
- 1863-1930 Family History Library films 1376528-56 and 1605845-71
- 1914 Family History Library film
- 1940, 1956 Family History Library book Q 975.271/B1 E4p
- This page was last modified on 19 June 2015, at 18:04.
- This page has been accessed 4,589 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News