Maryland GazetteersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Gazetteers for Maryland have been created from its early history. Some helpful gazatteers for the State both old and new include:
Maryland GenWeb links to online gazetteers and maps for the state of Maryland.
Maryland Gazetteer: City Profiles, Physical and Cultural Features.
Gazetteer of Maryland by Henry Gammett. Washington D.C.: Government Printing office, 1902. Published online by New River Notes c 1998-2006/
- Fisher, Richard Swainson. Gazetteer of the State of Maryland: compiled from the returns of the Seventh Census of the United States and other official documents. To which has been added a general account of the District of Columbia. New York, New York: J.H. Colton, 1852. Available on Google Books. (Family History Library book 975 E5f; film 896649 item 2.)
- Gannett, Henry. A Gazetteer of Maryland and Delaware. 1904. Reprint, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1976. Available at Google Books. (Family History Library book 975 E5g; film 982220 item 3.)
- Kaminkow, Marion J. Maryland A to Z: A Topographical Dictionary. Baltimore, Maryland: Magna Carta Book Co., 1985. (Family History Library book 975.2 E2k.)
- Maryland State Planning Commission and the Department of Geology, Mines and Water Resources. Gazetteer of Maryland. Baltimore, Maryland: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1941. (Family History Library film 1550166.)
- United States Board on Geographic Names. Geographic Names Alphabetical Finding List. Washington, D.C.: National Cartographic Information Center, U.S. Geological Survey, ca. 1982. (Maryland is on Family History Library fiche 6331309-10.)
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 05:18.
- This page has been accessed 3,723 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News