Massachusetts Archives CollectionEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Massachusetts Archives Collection contains 328 volumes about early Massachusetts history (1629-1799). It is also called the Felt Collection. Rev. Joseph Felt organized most of the collection in the 1830s; the last third was added in the late nineteenth century.
Access the collection at the Massachusetts Archive. Most of the collection is available on microfilm.
Several finding aids are available to help locate records of interest.
- Search the Archive's online index. Only 18 of the 328 volumes are indexed.
- View an online list of volumes 1-99.
- View an online list of volumes 100-199.
- View an online list of volumes 200-238.
- View the card index on FHL microfilm.
- Tables of content and name indexes are available for many of the volumes.
- ↑ "Massachusetts Archives Collection," Massachusetts Archives (http://www.sec.state.ma.us/arc : accessed 26 May 2011), click Searchable Collections, Massachusetts Archives Collection Database, volume descriptions.
- This page was last modified on 26 May 2011, at 18:45.
- This page has been accessed 526 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More