Massachusetts BiographyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The American Genealogical-Biographical Index (described in Massachusetts Genealogy) cites many references to biographies of Massachusetts residents. In addition, two comprehensive biographical encyclopedias are:
The American Historical Society. Encyclopedia of Massachusetts, Biographical-Genealogical. 13 vols. New York, NY: The American Historical Society, ca. 1916. FHL book 974.4 D3e and FHL fiche 6046891 The Family History Library has volumes 1–4, 6, and 10–13 only.}}
Eliot, Samuel Atkins. Biographical History of Massachusetts. 10 vols. Boston, Massachusetts: Massachusetts Biographical Society, 1911-18. FHL book 974.4 D3eL
Biographical sketches of many Plymouth Colony residents, including those who came on the Mayflower, are in:
Stratton, Eugene Aubrey. Plymouth Colony: Its History and People, 1620-1691. Salt Lake City, Utah: Ancestry, 1986. FHL book 974.4 H2s
See Massachusetts Genealogy for additional references to biographies and genealogies for Massachusetts ancestors.
- A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England Before 1692
- GeneaSearch - http://geneasearch.com/biography/states/massachusetts.htm
- Access Genealogy: Massachusetts Biographies
- U.S. Biographies Project: Massachusetts - http://www.rootsweb.com/~mabiog/
- Biographies and information on Mayflower passengers can be found at http://www.mayflowerhistory.com/Passengers/passengers.php
- This page was last modified on 29 May 2012, at 16:45.
- This page has been accessed 2,379 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page