Massachusetts Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: The record is linked to the wrong image. Is there a way to find the correct image?
Answer #1: The page or certificate number, which can be found by scrolling down to the bottom of the record details screen, can sometimes be used to find the correct image. Use the arrows on the Image Viewer screen to move forward or backward through the images to find the page/certificate number. For further instruction is finding and matching errant images see: KD 113114. If the image cannot be found, refer to Answer #2 below, regarding ordering the film.
Question #2: In some instances there are images that are missing. Are these images available for viewing somewhere else?
Answer #2: There are instances in this collection where pages were skipped when the images were placed online. These images are available on microfilm. The film number can be found near the bottom of the page containing the indexed information about the person. Instructions for ordering films can be found at Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche. The film can then be viewed at a Family History Center near you.
In some cases it has been verified that the missing images were missed in the initial filming. In this case they would not be available for viewing at all. One instance would be:
- Pages 122-124 that would fit between images 431 and 432 on browse point 4220477.
Question #3: When searching records in this collection I see many indexed with the event place incorrect. How can I find the correct event place?
Answer #3: Many records in this collection have been indexed with the event place of Woods Holl, Falmouth. Many of these are in error. To find the correct death place check the image that is linked.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Massachusetts, Deaths, 1841-1915 > 004000678 > Image 1 of 2149
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Massachusetts Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Massachusetts Deaths, 1841-1915 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 7 June 2014, at 03:11.
- This page has been accessed 940 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki