Mesa, ArizonaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Pioneer-era towns located nearby, but later incorporated into Mesa as it grew
- Alma - about a mile west of original square mile of Mesa.
- Lehi - about a half mile east and 3 miles north of original square mile of Mesa.
Archives and Libraries
- City of Mesa Cemetery in Mesa AZ, from The Official Website of the City of Mesa Cemetery
- City of Mesa Cemetery in Mesa AZ, from the Mesa FamilySearch Library
- City of Mesa Cemetery in Mesa AZ at Find A Grave.
- Mariposa Gardens Memorial Park in Mesa AZ
- Mariposa Gardens Memorial Park in Mesa AZ at Find A Grave
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens in Mesa AZ
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens in Mesa AZ at Find A Grave
- Queen of Heaven Cemetery in Mesa AZ
- Queen of Heaven Cemetery in Mesa AZ at Find A Grave
Mesa FamilySearch Library (Mesa, Arizona) Mesa cemetery records, combined surname index volumes one, two and three FHL 979.173/M1 V32
Cemetery and sexton records of Mesa, Arizona, Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1957 FHL 2424
Mesa, Arizona, city cemetery markers, as of November 1992, gathered and compiled by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Mesa, Arizona Central Stake Young Women, Mesa, Arizona : s.n., 1995 FHL 979.173/M1 V3
Tri-stake directory Maricopa, Mesa, Phoenix - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints stake and ward officers, general membership, Phoenix, Arizona? : s.n., 195? FHL 979.173 K24
You will find additional records by doing a place search in The Family History Library Catalog for "Arizona, Maricopa, Mesa."
R. L. Polk and Company, Mesa - Tempe (Maricopa County, Arizona) city directory including Chandler and Gilbert, contains buyers' guide and a complete classified business directory, Dallas, Texas : R.L. Polk & Co., 1965- FHL 979.173 E4pa
Several City directories for Mesa and other nearby cities are available in the Mesa Room at the Mesa Public Library.
Funeral Homes - Indexes
History - Indexes
Bibliography on the History of Mesa
References to call numbers are those in the Mesa Public Library:
- 75th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee History of Lehi, 1877-1952. W. Earl Merrill, Lehi Ward, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Celebrating Arrival of Lehi Pioneers, March 6-7-8-9th, 1952. Mesa, Ariz: Mesa Tribune Printers], 1952. WorldCat 13938652
- Christmas Stories from Mesa's Past. Mesa, Ariz.: Mesa Historical Museum, 1995. [394.2663 C464M]
- City of Mesa Original Townsite Historic Building Survey, 3 volumes. Tempe, AZ: Woodward Architectural Group, 1993. [720.979173 C498c]
- City of Mesa Temple, Evergreen and Escobedo Neighborhood Historic Building Survey, 4 volumes. Tucson, AZ: Architecture Co., 1997. [720.979173 C498m]
- Mesa's Historic Real Estate Directory, Maxwell B. Cox, Mesa, Ariz.: Mesa Southwest Museum, 1981. [917.9173 M56MC]
- Who is Mesa. Mesa, AZ. Charles H. Crismon, 1988. [920.0979173 C868
- Diamond Jubilee Pageant. Mesa, AZ: Diamond Jubilee Steering Committee, 1953. [979.173 D541d]
- Desert Village Mesa AZ, Marion Donaldson, Sun Valley shopper, 1952. [979.173 D714]
- Front Page. Mesa, AZ: Mesa Tribune, 1978. [979.173 F928]
- An Economic, Political and Social Survey of Phoenix and the Valley of the Sun. Tempe, AZ. Horton, Arthur Gotzian. Southside Progress, 1941. [979.173 H789
- Mesa Historical Survey. Mesa, AZ, Linda Laird. Mesa Parks and Recreation Dept, 1984. [979.173 L144]
- Mesa: Beneath the Shadows of the Superstitions, Tray C Mead, Northridge, CA: Windsor Publications, 1988. [979.173 M4 61]
- A History of Mesa. Tucson, AZ. Melvin Holland, 1933. [979.173 M498H]
- One Hundred Echoes from Mesa's Past. W. Earl Merrill. Mesa, AZ: Merrill, 1975. [979. 173 M552p]
- One Hundred Footprints on Forgotten Trails. W. Earl Merrill Mesa, AZ: Merrill, 1978. [979.173 M552t]
- One Hundred Steps Down Mesa's Past. W. Earl Merrill Mesa, AZ: Merrill, 1970. [979.173M552o]
- One Hundred Yesterdays. W. Earl Merrill Mesa, AZ: Lofgreen, 1972. [979.173 M552]
- Mesa (Ariz.) Fire Dept. Yesterday and Today, 2 volumes. Mesa, AZ: Mesa Fire Dept, 1981-1989. [629.92]
- Mesa at War, 1941-1945. Mesa, AZ: Mesa Historical Society, 1997. [979.173 M56w 1997]
- Mesa Centennial, 1878-1978. Mesa, Az: Hogue Printing, 1978. [979.173 M56]
- Mesa, Desert to Oasis, Reta Reed Otis. Mesa, Ariz: Mesa Historical Society, 1996. [979.173 OT4M]
- Our Town. Mesa, AZ: Mesa Unified School District. 1947-. [979.173 OU7] 2-6th ed.
- West Second Street Historical District. Mesa, AZ: s.n. 1994- [917.9173 W52w 1997]
- This page was last modified on 10 March 2013, at 08:13.
- This page has been accessed 2,064 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More