Mexico, Distrito Federal, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, How to use Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #1: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films. See answers below for information about missing records and their respective film numbers.
- Divina Providencia (Centro) > Bautismos 1902-1917, 1913-1931 has messaging that the “Image not available”; however, they can be found on Film 707314.
- Arquidiócesis de México (Centro) > Bautismos de hijos legítimos 1913-1931 are not available. Order Film 442068 Item 4 to see the records until they are placed online
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Asunción Sagrario Metropolitano (Centro) > Información matrimonial 1778, 1818 year span should be limited to 1778 records.
- Santa Veracruz (Guerrero Sureste) includes records for both Santa Veracruz (Cuahtemoc) and Santa Veracruz (Guerrero Sureste) under the same browse point heading. The Catalog Note, located in Documentos eclesiásticos, 1663-1880; Iglesia Católica. Santa Veracruz (Guerrero Sureste, Distrito Federal), states “La colonia Guerrro Sureste pertenece a la delegación de Cuauhtémoc” or “The Guerrro Sureste colony belongs to Cuauhtémoc delegation”.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Mexico, Distrito Federal, Catholic Church Records, 1514-1970 > Santa Veracruz (Guerrero Sureste) > Matrimonios 1824-1878 > Image 34 of 1218.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Mexico, Distrito Federal, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Mexico, Distrito Federal, Catholic Church Records, 1514-1970 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 7 June 2014, at 03:23.
- This page has been accessed 812 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki