Mexico, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- NY GenWeb Cemeteries Listing -- Scroll to Mexico Section (Not a complete list)
- NY GenWeb Another Cemeteries Listing -- Scroll to Mexico Section (Not a comlete list)
- Findagrave Oswego County Cemetery List -- Alphabetical by Name of Cemetery. Look for ones that are stated to be in Mexico (somewhat tedious).
- Book of Inscriptions from Mexico. Held by Town Historian (contact info on this page).
- Findagrave Mexico Primitive Cemetery
- Findagrave Mexico Village Cemetery
- NY Gen Web Listing Wellwood Cemetery 1st Alphabetical Section -- Navigate to Other Alphabetical Sections (go to bottom of page, go to next section, or go back to Cemetery Listings, scroll to Mexico Section)
- Findagrave Wellwood Cemetery
- Findagrave Mapleview Cemetery
- NY Gen Web Listing Colosse Cemetery
- Findagrave Colosse Cemetery
- NY Gen Web Listing Arthur Cemetery
- Findagrave Arthur Cemetery
- 1828-1836 Marriages 1828-1836 First Presbyterian Church, Mexico, N.Y. - free.
- 1829-1830 - Presbyterian Church, Mexico, Oswego Co., N.Y. Membership List, courtesy: NYGenWeb - free.
Genealogical Resources: History of Mexico, NY
- The Mexico Independent, 1861-1972 (Some issues missing)
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the largest online collection of 400 New York 1795-2007 newspapers. The instructions for this quirky site are needed to get the most out of it.
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the following Mexico, New York newspaper images:
- Mexico NY Independent 1861-1972
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Mexico Public Library
3269 Main Street
Mexico, NY 13114
Oswego Public Library
Genealogical Resources: Cemetery and town records, censuses and newspapers, directories, and local historical journals. Available Genealogical Information
Genealogical Resources: Collection includes local photographs, maps, memorabilia and artifacts. Genealogical appointments can be made with the town historian.
Oswego County Genealogy Society
P.O. Box 3025
Oswego, New York 13126
Genealogical Resources: The Historian may provide access to obituaries, vital records, church records, maps, and family files or journals. Some historians provide search services for their office records and others may refer you to local genealogists who research in the area.
Mexico Town Clerk
PO Box 98
Mexico, NY 13114
Town Clerk has the records of birth, death, or marriage for the Town.
Mexico Town Historian
P.O. Box 98 Mexico 13114
Collection: Clippings, census, cemetery census, maps, books for genealogical research, some family histories.
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Mexico, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- 1876-1902 Newspaper Vital Records from Mexico, N.Y. Circa 1876-1902 - free.
- ↑ Central New York Genealogical Society at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nycnygs/index.htm (accessed 1 November 2011).
- This page was last modified on 2 March 2012, at 20:10.
- This page has been accessed 1,488 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More