Mexico Genealogy Research GroupEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Mexico Genealogy Research Group|
The members of the Mexico Genealogy Research Group are genealogists who are researching their ancestors in Mexico. If you are interested in this type of research as well, and live in the Denver, CO metro area, please visit us any time!
The MGRG is a study group of the:
Colorado Society of Hispanic Genealogy
Benefits of being a member of the MGRG are:
- Learn with and from experienced researchers
- Have use of research computers with internet access
- Have access to microfilm readers and a large collection of LDS microfilms of Mexico records
- Monthly MGRG meetings
- Monthly CSHG meetings
- Quarterly CSHG journals
- Speakers, workshops, and classes
- Annual conferences
- Annual research trips to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, UT
You will learn:
- How to use US records and identify your immigrant ancestors from Mexico
- How to use records to trace your ancestors in Mexico
- How to use internet resources
- How to use LDS resources
- How to use local research facilities
The MGRG meets:
Date: 1st Saturday of every month
Time: 1 – 3 pm
Place: Columbine Colorado Family History Center
Address: 6705 S. Webster St., Littleton, CO 80128
(SW corner of Webster and Coalmine)
6 Apr - No Program: Bring your research to share!
4 May - This will be a working meeting. Bring your laptop and we will be learning how to use Dropbox and how to create GEDCOMs.
1 Jun - We will be reviewing the material from last month's meeting... How to use Dropbox, and how to create GEDCOM files. If you were not able to attend last monh, or if you would like to review the material, please bring your laptop to the meeting. If you have a Dropbox account already, make sure you know your login information!
6 Jul - TBA
3 Aug - TBA
7 Sep - TBA
5 Oct - TBA
2 Nov - How to Use the Research Resources at the Family History Center - by Jim Greenwood
7 Dec - TBA
Salt Lake City Research Trip
Each year, if possible, we make a research trip to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. Here is the information for this year's trip!
[ Sorry. Our group does not have a SLC trip planned for 2013. Maybe next year! ]
Research at the Family History Center
The Columbine Colorado Family History Center is open to the public for research. Search here for Littleton, Colorado, United States to get days and times that the FHC is open.
- This page was last modified on 6 October 2013, at 19:59.
- This page has been accessed 1,345 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More