Mexico Genealogy Research GroupEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Mexico Genealogy Research Group|
The members of the Mexico Genealogy Research Group are genealogists who are researching their ancestors in Mexico. If you are interested in this type of research as well, and live in the Denver, CO metro area, please visit us any time!
The MGRG is a study group of the:
Colorado Society of Hispanic Genealogy
Benefits of being a member of the MGRG are:
- Learn with and from experienced researchers
- Have use of research computers with internet access
- Have access to microfilm readers and a large collection of LDS microfilms of Mexico records
- Monthly MGRG meetings
- Monthly CSHG meetings
- Quarterly CSHG journals
- Speakers, workshops, and classes
- Annual conferences
- Annual research trips to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, UT
You will learn:
- How to use US records and identify your immigrant ancestors from Mexico
- How to use records to trace your ancestors in Mexico
- How to use internet resources
- How to use LDS resources
- How to use local research facilities
The MGRG meets:
Date: 1st Saturday of every month
Time: 1 – 3 pm
Place: Columbine Colorado Family History Center
Address: 6705 S. Webster St., Littleton, CO 80128
(SW corner of Webster and Coalmine)
3 May - How to Break Through (or Go Over or Around) Your Brick Walls
7 Jun - no program - share your research
5 Jul - A Common Research Problem: One Man or Two Men with the Same Name?
2 Aug - Searching for Your Ancestors with Google
6 Sep - Historical Maps of New Spain: Who Made the Records of Your Ancestors?
4 Oct - no program - share your research
1 Nov - Archives, Libraries, & Publications: Types of Records for Mexico & Where to Find Them
6 Dec - TBA
Salt Lake City Research Trip
Each year, if possible, we make a research trip to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. Here is the information for this year's trip!
[ Sorry. Our group does not have a SLC trip planned for 2014. Maybe next year! ]
Research at the Family History Center
The Columbine Colorado Family History Center is open to the public for research. Search here for Littleton, Colorado, United States to get days and times that the FHC is open.
- This page was last modified on 1 November 2014, at 00:52.
- This page has been accessed 1,691 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page