Michigan Civil War Union Other UnitsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The information in this list of Michigan Military Units comes from the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors web site (CWSS). This web site can also be searched by the name of a soldier.
- 1st Regiment, Engineers and Mechanics, Michigan
Organized at: Marshall, Michigan, September 12, 1861. Mustered in: October 29, 1861.
Mustered out: September 22, 1865. Discharged at Jackson, Michigan, October 1, 1865.
- 1st Regiment, Michigan Sharpshooters
Organized at: Kalamazoo and Dearborn, Michigan, April 14 to October 7, 1863. Mustered in: July 7, 1863.
Mustered out: July 28, 1865, Washington D. C.
- Chadwick's Company, Michigan Engineers
"Compendium of the War of the Rebellion" by Frederick H. Dyer contains no history for this unit.
- Hall's Independent Battalion, Michigan Sharpshooters
Organized at: Marshall, Michigan, August 27 to November 2, 1864.
Attached to 16th Michigan Infantry Consolidated with that Regiment April 10, 1865.
- Howland's Independent Company, Michigan Engineers
Organized at: Battle Creek, Michigan, September 16, 1861.
Mustered out: January 8, 1862.
- 1st and 2nd Regiments United States Sharpshooters-Berdan's Sharpshooters
Organized: August 1861 to March 1862. Mustered in: 29 November 1861.
1st and 2nd regiment consolidated: 31 December 1864. Discontinued 20 Feb 1865.
- Michigan Company-Birge's Western Sharpshooters
Mustered in: September 9, 1861.
Mustered out July 7, 1865
- This page was last modified on 14 March 2011, at 02:39.
- This page has been accessed 503 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki