Mickleton, GloucestershireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Mickleton, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Shipston on Stour PLU|
|Registration District||Shipston on Stour|
|Parish registers: 1590|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1612|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
MICKLETON (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Shipston-upon-Stour, Upper division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 2½ miles (N. by E.) from Chipping-Campden, with the hamlets of Clopton and Hidcote-Bartrim. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Mickleton, Gloucestershire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeReg.org.uk|
|GOOG = Google Books - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|MICKLETON PARISH Online Records|
|GOOG||1593-1631 (gaps)||1593-1631 (gaps)||1593-1631 (gaps)|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288772.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 301-306. Date accessed: 26 February 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ T.P., Collections for Gloucestershire (1861). Digitised by Google Books - free.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 April 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:36.
- This page has been accessed 1,235 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page